Mikayla and I made some Enchiladas from a recipe on skinnytaste you can click the link here ( skinnytaste skinny enchiladas) or read it below .
I’m a bit upset that we did not get a end result photo, but my memory card locked.
For the enchilada sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
For the chicken:
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 8.5 oz (2 breast halves) cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
For the enchilada:
- 8 (7-inch) low-carb whole wheat flour tortillas (la tortilla factory )
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions or cilantro for topping
- In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté garlic. Add chipotle chiles , chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.
- Place on baking dish seam side down, top with sauce.
- Then top with cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with low fat sour cream or scallions if you wish. (Extra points) Makes 8 enchiladas.
Apologies for not posting, my camera was left behind when I came home from vacation and I recently just got it back!
Summer is coming to an end and I thought a new post was necessary! These photos were so fun to shoot and I can’t wait to do more at this location!
Hope everyone had a great summer!
This girl is the happiest
I forgot my Camera at Mikayla’s a couple weeks ago and she took some pictures of her (our) sister Lucianna. Lucy just turned four at the beginning of January and will be celebrating in a Couple weeks. You can almost always find a smile on here face which puts one on yours 🙂 She is such an amazing young girl that I believe will come very far in the years to come.
I hope Everyone’s year is is off to a great start! 🙂
Aw look at those love birds
Emma is a Minion deep down in her heart
Ben carrying up the tube for Eva… how sweet
They were looking for me 🙂
Up close and personal
Ben, he failed…
After we got a couple inches of snow we decided to get the group together and go sledding at Washington Park. I personally didn’t last very long because we made poor choices and put five people onto the tube and ran into some metal bleachers. I of course was the baby and went back to Eva’s house and watched movies with her mom.
After everyone got back to the house we had homemade soup and some hot cocoa. We later had a blast playing the game Redneck Life
Hope you guys are having a great week and are enjoying the weather wherever you are 🙂
Both Mikayla and I babysit, so I thought we would share our tips with you….
- Plan ahead
- Arrive early to go over expectations
- if you have questions, ASK
- Have numbers in case of emergency
- Keep phone use to a minimum
- Be aware of allergies
- Bring crafts/ projects to do
- Instead of watching tv play a game
- Go outside as much as possible
- Go to park if nearby and alright with Parents
- Have patience
- Follow instructions given
- Bring something to do while kids are sleeping
- Try and have set charge rate
- Have calendar of when you are Babysitting
- Handle disciplinary actions in a reasonable manner
- Babysit only how many kids you are comfortable with same for ages
- Do not be afraid to tell the kids no, be stern… not mean
- Make sure kids clean up, turn it into a game
- Be honest when telling parents how it went
- Stay focused
- Be a role model
I hope you found our tips useful! Have a wonderful weekend 🙂