Mikayla and I made some Enchiladas from a recipe on skinnytaste you can click the link here ( skinnytaste skinny enchiladas) or read it below .
I’m a bit upset that we did not get a end result photo, but my memory card locked.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
For the chicken:
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 8.5 oz (2 breast halves) cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
For the enchilada:
- 8 (7-inch) low-carb whole wheat flour tortillas (la tortilla factory )
- 1 cup shredded low fat Mexican cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions or cilantro for topping
- In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté garlic. Add chipotle chiles , chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll it.
- Place on baking dish seam side down, top with sauce.
- Then top with cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with low fat sour cream or scallions if you wish. (Extra points) Makes 8 enchiladas.